Binary to Decimal Converter
Using the binary to decimal converter, you can convert binary numbers up to 63 characters long into decimal values.
You may frequently need to convert a Binary number to its Decimal equivalent. Manually doing it could be very challenging, as one may get confused about multiplying or dividing by powers of 2. Don't worry, our Binary to Decimal converter will quickly and accurately perform complicated conversions.
All you need to know about this tool:
Since computers cannot understand human languages, different number systems, such as binary (base-2), octal (base-8), decimal (base-10), and hexadecimal (base-10), are utilized by computer programmers to convey commands and instructions to computers. The language of the computers is 0s and 1s i.e. binary numbers. However, compared to binary numbers, decimal numbers are easier for people to understand.
Converting a number from binary system to decimal system is a very cumbersome process and can be very confusing at times because we don't remember when to multiply and when to divide by powers of 2. Our tool solves this problem, as it allows you to enter any binary number and converts it to decimal without any hassle. It not only helps in avoiding mathematics but also saves time and gives instant results. If you find any difficulty in using the tool, you can also use the sample values available.
How to use our Binary to Decimal Converter?
You can easily launch our 'Binary to Decimal Converter' directly from our home page under the Binary Converter Tools section. You no longer need to perform any complex calculations manually to convert the numbers from binary to decimal, because our tool will do it for you instantly. We aim to make our user's experience as convenient as we can. Binary to Decimal Converter, like the rest of our tools, is incredibly simple to use. You can use our tool without much help even if you don't have a lot of technical experience.
Initially, you can get to know the tool by using the sample values for conversion. It can be done as:
Using the Sample Value:
Before getting into the step-by-step guide, let us make it easy for you by filling in the sample value.
- Open our Binary to Decimal Converter's webpage. You'll see a box with light text written in it as 'Paste your content here…'. Beneath the box, there are three buttons with blue, green, and orange colors, titled 'Calculate', 'Sample', and 'Reset' respectively.
- Click on the Sample button. It will fill the box with sample binary number 01100011.
- Then click on the Calculate button to get the converted decimal value for the sample binary number.
Using your Actual value:
Follow up with the instructions provided to convert the number of your choice from base-2 (binary) to base-10 (decimal):
- When you open our Binary to Decimal Converter's webpage, you'll see a big box with light text written in it as 'Paste your content here…'. In that box, enter the binary number that you want to convert to decimal.
- If you had copied the binary value from somewhere else, you can directly paste it by clicking on the 'paste from clipboard' icon at the top right corner of this box.
- Once the binary value is entered, next you have to click on the Calculate button. The converted decimal number will appear in the new box beneath the buttons.
- You can directly copy it by clicking on the 'copy to clipboard' icon at the top right corner of the lower box.
- If you wish to change the binary value and want to convert another number, you can do so by clicking firstly on the Reset button, it will clear all the boxes. Then you can repeat the same procedure to convert another value.
What can you do using Binary Conversion?
Upon clicking the Calculate button after providing the input binary number, the conversion will start and within a few moments, your converted decimal number will be generated. All the computing devices work on 0s and 1s, which correspond to two states: False and True, and are represented by low voltage and high voltage, respectively. Humans can't directly comprehend binary numerals, as giving weights to all 1s and 0s in powers of 2 can be quite confusing. Humans can better understand decimal numbers because they are commonly used in our day-to-day life, for instance, measuring quantities like length, area, volume, etc. Our Binary to Decimal Converter is one of the easiest ways to convert binary data into decimal numbers so you can read and understand it better.
Here are some common questions that you may have about our Binary to Decimal Converter:
Q: Is my Binary data secure by using your tool?
A: Yes, your data remains secure as we process it in real-time. We instantly remove your Binary data from our servers after processing it. The data that is entered is not stored or reviewed by us.
Q: How do you convert a binary number to decimal?
A: Beginning from the right end of the binary number, each digit is multiplied with increasing powers of 2 starting from 0. Do it with each digit and move towards the left until the number ends. Then, the multiplied numbers must be added for the conversion to be complete.
Q: Can this tool also work for negative binary values?
A: No, this tool does not incorporate negative binary values. You can just do the conversion and include the initial sign to the final number yourself.
Q: What is 2's complement notation used for?
A: 2's complement is the binary way of representing integer numbers in computers. It is specifically designed to incorporate negative as well as positive binary numbers.
Q: How many bits are there in HEX numbers?
A: 1 byte is 8 bits, which comprises 2 hex digits. Usually, HEX numbers are written as groups of 8 digits, which means they include 32 bits of binary data.
Why should you use our tool?
Our Binary to Decimal converter makes your life so easy. The conventional approach to converting binary values to decimal numbers is difficult and time-consuming. Great calculation and mathematical skills are required to get accurate results. With a very user-friendly interface, our tool can perform difficult conversions in a matter of milliseconds. The tool is completely free and does not even require you to register to use it. Moreover, we have also covered all the important questions that can bug your mind. Hence, all the necessary guidance regarding the tool has been provided.