Time Converter from Second, Millisecond, Microsecond, Nanosecond, Picosecond, Minute, Hour, Day, Week, Month, Year
You may frequently find yourself in circumstances where you must find time in different units. It might be very confusing to convert time, as one may forget when to divide and when to multiply. Don't worry, we have got you covered. Our easy-to-go time converter will do confusing conversions in a blink of an eye.
All you need to know about this tool:
Time can be told and interpreted in many ways. In most cases, we measure time intervals in seconds, minutes, hours, or days, or even in weeks, months, and years, if the time intervals between the events are too long. While some time-critical applications require very small time intervals, such as milliseconds, microseconds, nanoseconds, or even picoseconds.
Converting between different units is a very cumbersome process and can be very confusing at times because we don't remember what to multiply and what to divide, for converting from one unit to the other. Our tool solves this problem. It enables you to enter time in any unit you want and shows you its converted forms in 11 other units. It not only helps in avoiding mathematics but also saves time and gives instant results.
How to use our Time Converter?
You can quickly launch our 'Time Converter' directly from our home page under the Unit Converter Tools section. You no longer need to perform any complex calculations manually to convert the time units between each other, because our tool will give you detailed results instantly. We aim to make our user's experience as convenient as we can. Time Converter, like the rest of our tools, is incredibly simple to use. You can use our tool without much help even if you don't have a lot of technical experience. We don't want you to spend any time understanding the tool and that's how we designed our interface.
Initially, you can get to know the tool by using the sample values for conversion. It can be done as:
Using the Sample Values:
Before getting into the step-by-step guide, let us make it easy by filling in the sample values.
- Open our Time Converter's webpage. You'll see two boxes with labels 'Value', and 'Convert from Second to others'. Beneath the boxes, there are three buttons with blue, green, and orange colors, titled 'Calculate', 'Sample', and 'Reset' respectively.
- Click on the Sample button. It will fill the two fields with a sample value of 12, and a base unit of second.
- Then click on the Calculate button to get the converted time values for these sample inputs.
Using your Actual values:
Follow up with the instructions provided to convert the time from a base unit of your choice to various other units:
- Enter the Value (to be converted):
- When you open our Time Converter's webpage, you'll see the top box with the label 'Value'. In that field, enter the value of time that you want to convert.
- If you want to change the entered value, you can use the up and down arrows at the right side of this box. The up arrow will increase the value by unity, and the down arrow will decrease it by unity. You can also change the value by deleting the previously written value and then re-entering the new value.
- Enter the Base Unit to Convert from:
- Among the two boxes, you'll see the bottom box with the label 'Convert from Second to others'. In that field, you have to provide the base unit from which you want to convert to other units. It is the unit of the value you entered in the previous field.
- For selecting the base unit, click on this box, it will open a drop-down of different units. You can either scroll and select it manually, or you can type starting letters of the base unit, which will be selected in the drop-down, and then you can press Enter key.
- When you do this, the label will change to the unit you just entered. For instance, if you entered millisecond, then the label will become: Convert from Millisecond to others.
- Once you have entered both the value and the base unit, next you have to click on the Calculate button. You'll get the converted time units.
- If you wish to change the values and want to do calculations for a different scenario, you can do so by clicking firstly on the Reset button, it will clear all the fields. Then you can repeat the same procedure to convert from another time unit.
What Converted Time Units will you get?
Upon clicking the Calculate button after entering the input time value, and the base unit from which you want to convert, a new table will appear with the time values converted to 11 different units. It includes time in Seconds, Milliseconds, Microseconds, Nanoseconds, Picoseconds, Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months, and Years.
You just have to note the value against a unit in which you are interested. Unlike some other converters, our tool does not ask you, beforehand, to provide the unit in which you want to convert. It lists all possible units that you can need. You can then note the value that you are interested in. For example, if you want to know how many seconds pass in two years. You just need to write 2 in the 'value' and Year in the 'convert from' box. The tool will give you all the converted values and you can easily see your answer in the 'Year to Second' box.
Following are some of the questions that you may have regarding our Time Converter:
Q: What is the rule for converting from hours to minutes?
A: You have to multiply the number of hours with 60 to get the number of minutes.
Q: Can this tool also work for decimal values?
A: No, this tool does not process decimal values. You need to enter a whole number to get the results.
Q: What is the general rule of time conversions?
A: The standard rule is that, whenever you have to go from a bigger unit to a smaller unit, you have to multiply the scaling factor. For instance, one minute equals (1 * 60) seconds. Similarly, whenever you have to go from a smaller unit to a bigger unit, you have to divide the scaling factor. For instance, one second equals (1 / 60) minutes.
Q: What are milliseconds and microseconds?
A: Milli and micro are prefix units of a second. One millisecond equals 10-3 seconds or one-thousandth of a second. And, one microsecond equals 10-6 seconds or one-millionth of a second.
Q: How many seconds are there in an hour?
A: There are 3600 seconds in an hour. This can be found by multiplying the number of minutes in one hour by the number of seconds in one minute. There are 60 seconds in a minute, and 60 minutes in an hour, so we get 3600 seconds in an hour.
Why should you use our tool?
Our time converter makes your life so easy. With a very user-friendly interface, it can solve your confusing and difficult time conversion in a matter of milliseconds. The tool is completely free and does not even require you to register to use it. The tool automatically lists converted values in all the important units, hence, unlike most tools, you don't have to use the tool again for converting into different units. Moreover, we have also covered all the important questions that can bug your mind. Hence, all the necessary guidance regarding the tool has been provided.